Basics | Quality Improvement | Systems | Sustainability | Environmental Scanning | Screening | Mental Health
- The China Study — Startling implications for diet, weight loss and long-term health by T. Colin Campbell. The China Study introduces you to the importance of your diet in avoiding most of the important chronic diseases that cost us in terms of suffering and finances.
- Whole by T. Colin Campbell. Whole introduces the reader to the limitations of reductionist approaches to studying complex systems.
- The Starch Solution By John and Mary McDougall. Dr. McDougall uses his years of experience and success with the prevention and reversal of chronic disease to outline a program that works. Mary McDougall uses her experience in working with institutions and individuals to provide the recipes.
- Curing Health Care Berwick, D.M., Godfrey, A.B., and Roessner, J., J. Wiley & Sons, 1990.
- To Err is Human: Building a Safer Health System, Institute of Medicine, November 1999.
- Crossing the Quality Chasm: A New Health System for the 21st Century Committee on the Quality of Health Care in America, Institute of Medicine, March 2001.
- Institute of Health Care Improvement Open School: Earn education credits with this online introduction to quality improvement and patient safety.
- Intermountain Healthcare’s Institute for Health Care Delivery Research has delivered the best training in quality improvement since 1992. Their Advanced Training Programs require the completion of a quality improvement project over several months while attending weekly educational sessions over several months. Learn more at IntermountainHealthcare.org…
- Thinking in Systems: A Primer Donella Meadows, Sustainability Institute, 2008.
- Natural Capitalism Hawken, P, Lovins, A, & Lovins, L.H., Little, Brown & Co., 1999.
- The End of Growth Richard Heinberg, New Society Publishers, 2011.
- The Post Carbon Reader by Richard Heinberg and Daniel Lerch, Post Carbon Institute, Watershed Media, 2010.
- The Two Most Misleading Numbers in Medicine H. Gilbert Welch presentation at February 2012 McDougall Advanced Study Weekend.
- Overdiagnosed – Making People Sick in the Pursuit of Health H. Gilbert Welch presentation at February 2012 McDougall Advanced Study Weekend.
- Screening for Breast Cancer with Mammography Nordic Cochrane Center 2012.
- Mammography Screening: Truth, Lies and Controversy Gotzsche, Peter C., 2012.
- Anatomy of an Epidemic: Magic Bullets, Psychiatric Drugs, and the Astonishing Rise of Mental Illness in America Whitaker, Robert, Random House, 2010.
- Psychiatric Drug Withdrawal Breggin, Peter R., J., Springer Publishing Company, 2013.